Saturday 20 February 2016

LO2: Treatment

TREATMENT


THE BRIEF

I've been asked to make a series of images that explore and show the identity of Sheffield that will be used for the millennium gallery

CONCEPT IDEA


My idea for my final photos is to show the beauty in overlooked things around Sheffield. I will try to transform boring into interesting to get people’s attention.
I will use a various amount of photography techniques such as viewpoint, close up, colour and monochrome. I will use high and low angles, portraits and landscapes in each different photo. Most of the photos will be taken around the City Centre, in shops and out and about to show the identity of Sheffield. I will use a deep depth of field to get everything in focus and a fast shutter speed to get a still image.

TARGET AUDIENCE

The target audience for my identity photography will be 16 + mostly female that enjoy fashion  and art. This is because my photography would include indie fashion and graffiti.
They will already buy the following products; vinyl, record players, thrifted clothes and art pieces and will like my identity photography because it almost fits in with everything they would be into.
A demographic is different from a target audience because the target audience might to be able to afford the product for example a student with low income. The people who will view my identity photography will fit into the demographic of a 18 years old with an NRS of DE and would still be in university.


KEY MILESTONES

Activities/ jobs
1) Plan the photo shoot (software)
2) Tester shots (canon 650 DSLR)
3) Contingency plan (software)
4) Call sheet (software)
5) Photography treatment (software)
6) Risk assessment (software)
7) Legal / ethical considerations (software)
8) Recce (software)
9) Sketches on how it will look
10) Go out and take the picture (canon 650 DSLR, tripod and SD cards) Wednesday 17th (2pm)/ Saturday 20th (12am) 3/4 hours
11) Editing (Photoshop) Friday 19th/26th 2 hours
Contingency

If I’m having trouble taking the photos then I would have to do my third idea - nature
Emergency contact number: contact college

Milestones- deadlines: May 15th 2016

EQUIPMENT

DSLR high quality camera, it has a bigger memory space and an optical zoom which doesn't make the picture pixelated

16GB SD card- to store the pictures and so I can take a lot of pictures

Tripod to keep the camera still and stop image burring

PROPS AND MODELS

I will use a friend for one of my shootings as a model

 HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS.

I will have to get permission from the model to use them in some photos, to do this I will use a call sheet 

Recce forms are important because it shows me any issues I could have such as aid needed or if there’s any problems with the location so that when I’m shooting there won’t be any problems.


Risk assessment are just as important because they show me the risk that could happen and show me ways I could avoid them happening .

LEGAL AND ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS.

Copyright helps you protect your work and stops people taking it without permission for example; sound, music, original literacy, musical or artistic, television broadcast or recording. And if you trademark your work with an r logo then that warns people that you can take legal actions against them if they use it.

Child protection is protection for children from violence, exploitation, buss and neglect. If a photographer is using a child in their photo shoot they must know the rules for example they must ask per cents for permission and tell the child that they'll be taking photos of them. They should avoid including the names of the child next to the photography, use suitable dress and must only take photos in agreed places. In my photo shoot I won’t be using any kids so I don't need to worry about getting permission.

Date protection is a law designed to protect personal date that is stored on a computer. businesses and the government started storing customers data on a computer in the 20th century such as addresses, names and contact information but the database are easy to access spit could end up in the wrong hands. In order to keep information (photograph) safe the photographer must tell the person they are photographing what they are using it for, how they're going to store it and how long for. Photography is classified as data so photographers must always get consent from the person and store the photograph safely because too easy way to identify someone. In my shoot I will be using model so I would ask her for permission, store the picture in a safe place and not include her name next to the photography.

You don't need to get permission to shoot in a public but if they need to be standing in a public land to take shoots of private places such as buildings. However you're not allowed to zoom into people’s faces who don't know they are being photographed or use a telephoto lens in public. For my photo-shoot I might be going to privet places so I would have to get permission before I do a there won’t be a load of people but if there is someone there I would make sure I don't get them in the shoot.
I must also not use any negative stereotypes such as races, religions, cultures, ability, and disability to not offend anyone. I'll also try not to misrepresent anything to not give off the wrong representation.

CONTINGENCIES

Back up idea one: Name – Nature.
Genre- Nature photography.
Shot types - Close up to get all the details and texture of the plants.
Composition - Photograph a light flower/plant against a dark background / choose a interesting background.
Shutter speed/ aperture - I  would set the f stop no larger than f/16 so I could get the main subject in focus and a fast shutter speed 1/250 or faster because when you zoom in with a long focal length, the slight movement could come out with a blurry and not sharp photo.
I would take pictures of Sheffield's nature. I would go to the water garden in City Canter and take close up Shots of the plants there to represents Sheffield health and nature.

Back up idea two: Name - "Art" as graffiti and fashion is a form of art and its used to express yourself and that's what I want to achieve with this idea.
Genre - Street and fashion photography.
 Shot types - Wide shot and an eye level angle to get in all the outfit and graffiti.
Composition - Simple composition - the person that would be wearing the outfit would be standing in front of the graffiti I’ll try different types of poses to not make it look too dull and boring.
Framing - There will be no framing.
Shutter speed / aperture - f/22 to ensure every part of the picture was sharp and a shutter speed of 1/200.

I wound to combine fashion and street art together because they both represent Sheffield with graffiti, everywhere you go in Sheffield you'll find art, graffiti and wall murals on sides of pubs, derelict buildings or shop shutters making Sheffield  more creative and interesting place and so does fashion, both put together will make a powerful and unique photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment