Saturday 12 March 2016

LO5: Evaluation

The brief asked me to take a series of images that explore and show the identity of Sheffield, and with that I have chosen to take pictures of stuff around Sheffield that are overlooked but represent Sheffield a lot using colour. I think my theme successfully fit the brief because not only does it show the small things that represent Sheffield it also shows the beauty in them and that gives Sheffield a positive connotation. I tried to take the pictures in a point of view angle to make the audience feel like they are being toured around the unseen part of Sheffield as they move on to the next image.

 I have studied different photographers, their genres and the techniques that they us to create their photos. The photographer I have studied the most that I used for my final shoot was William Eggleston because the photos he takes aren’t like any other photos photographers take which court my attention really quick. He defiantly inspired me to take more photos in his style and has helped me improve on my photography.

The improvements I would have used more techniques to give them a professional look and just went out there and take as many photos as I possibly can of things I like the look of that fit the brief more, maybe have a theme of photos.

Green screen or Chroma key photography is a process that allows you to replace a solid coloured background with a background of your choice. This technique is really helpful because it allows the producers to create outside the box, let their imagination run wide and produce hundreds of different style of photography or film.



Text and image is when you add text to your image.


Scaling provides a way to alter the image size without removing any of the source image. You have the ability to zoom out/in, rotate, change the width/height and mirror the image.




Cropping is when you remove the unnecessary content in an image to make what’s left seem bigger in the same frame size, I did this to some of my images for example:


(I cropped the left and right side slightly)




Layers are images or effects overlaid on top of one another. The layers can earthier hold part or a whole image. By combining layers you are able to create exacting adjustments to the images, combine multiple images, or create new images. I used a Photoshop to create a layered image for my final photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment